Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"How dry i am....how dry i am....."

"Nobody knows, how dry i am....."

Well, i'll tell you. I've been completely clean for 30 days now. And apparently i've also been told i put way too much mileage on my mountain bike. What ever that means. I honestly don't think 250 to 350 a month is excessive at all. I just happen to love riding my Trek a whole lot. Both of them. And yes, i stay on top of the maintenance too. In fact, if i ever get my black one back from the shop(broken spoke and truing the wheel), i'm going up to Alafia to hit the trails.

5 comments:

unMuse said...

wow! I had no idea you quit drinking and smoking! That takes a ton of willpower - at least for me it would. How are you holding up? Any misdirected rage the first week or so? :-)

Martini Whore said...

No misdirected rage at all, no. I basically just wanted to be completely left alone for a long time. I just couldn't deal with anybody at all.

unMuse said...

hehe. That's me WITH the drinking and the smoking. I'm personally nervous how I'll be when I decide to quit.

Martini Whore said...

I'd suggest finding something to really occupy you and your mind when you do. For me it was just roiding my bike much much much more. And i've been drinking the shit out of iced tea also, BTW.

unMuse said...

Luckily I don't drink that much. Only twice a week. I don't even have the "beer after work" or "wine before bed". The smoking though.. that's what scares me. That's where I'm pretty sure I'll run over someone.